Friday 26 April 2013

A Month In Success- Creative Writing Monologue Project, Part One

Pricilla Courtess

Oh, you just would not believe the day me and my fluffy little angel pie have had. It started off with the usual; I just couldn’t find my carton of Pall Malls anywhere, always getting away from me those things. As soon as I find them, I’m searching round, ‘Lighter, lighter, where’s the lighter?’ but of course the damn thing's not working. I had to traipse all the way down stairs and ask the young man there to be a darling. I said, sweet as sugar, ‘Be a lamb for me and light me up?’ so of course he did.
 Right, so, back upstairs, I’m sat with Fifi, my favourite wittle puppy wuppy, trying to put my make up on. I’ve got all my powder and lipstick on, a stunning shade of red, brings out the uh, seductress in me, you know? Anyway, just as I go to put my eyelashes on, I realise there’s no glue left. I can’t put on my lashes with no sticky. So that gets me thinking, this just won’t do. Well, same as I said to my little Fifi, ‘Pricilla Courtess cannot and will not leave this flat without a full face.’ If I want to be my best, I have to look my best, right? See, you understand.
Anyway, after that, me and Fifi started noticing more. There was no vol-au-vents, no more Pall Malls, even out of all of my angel pie’s Dog-Au-Posh-Nosh. Well, bright as a button I pushed the thought to one side. I started drawing up some more designs, you know, living the dream? Well, designs as good as mine just don’t draw themselves. I’d just finished this fabulous feather boa design, ombre tones, glitter and everything, when my tummy started to rumble, just like my little Fifi’s.
Well, I looked through all the cupboards, you know what poured out? Dust. Dust and bills. They’re all shouting ‘Final Notice’ and ‘Last Chance to Pay’ at me. Well, I was almost tearing my hair out, the nerve of them! It’s obvious I’m too busy with my designs; I can’t deprive the world of fashion to pay bills. Even Fifi was all in a ditz. So, I think to myself, I know who’s fault this is and I ring that no good Patrick Star. Star my peachy ass. The man’s been getting more and more useless by the day, you know? He yacks and yacks, ‘People don’t like your designs’, ‘They’re fifty years too late’. Damn fool can’t admit he just doesn’t know how to sell me.
So, anyway, I call him with the usual. ‘Patrick? Oh, Patrick darling, any good news? Who wants to buy my work today?’ And you know what he tells me? No one’s interested, that my designs aren’t being picked up. Well, I thought he’d lost his marbles and got me all mixed up with someone else. You know, one of his women of the night. He tells me he knows its Pricilla. The damn cheek of it.
So, anyway, he assures me next week’s the week, he’s got loads of meetings lined up. I told him, I said, ‘That’s all well and good darling, but I need cash now, I need to feed my little angel pie, Dog-Au-Posh-Nosh doesn’t grow on trees you know.’ You won’t believe it, but the swine tells me to go to the pawn shop and sell my pearls. You see these pearls? Got them from my Mama. She used to tell me they’re as real as my beauty, like I needed telling. Well, I started getting all in a fluster, I mean, I just can’t sell them, they’re as real as my beauty, you see?
I started thinking again though; I need more Botox, paper, that damn Dog-Au-Posh-Nosh. Before I know it, I’m stood in this grotty little pawn shop, clutching my Mama’s pearls, thinking of the thousands I’ll get. Damn near broke my heart.
Now, you will not believe this. The scum in the shop had the nerve to tell me the pearls aren’t real. He says they’re fakes. Well, I laughed in his face and told him to fuck himself. You know my pearls are as real as my beauty.
So, you see no Val-au-vents and no Dog-Au-Posh-Nosh for Fifi today.


No comments:

Post a Comment